Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Into each life some rain must come...

This blog is to document my interest in brain growth after birth--what factors support it? Which don't? Why do we get degeneration?

I have done research in neural stem cells in Alzheimer disease, the role of GHB (gamma hydroxybutyrate)in sleep, and in sleep disorders in Smith-Magenis syndrome. I have been a consultant at an eating disorders residential facility. I have worked in chronic pain and I have been a family physician for a number of years. I also have training in genetics. I am a very good clinical morphologist; I would like to become a better scientific morphologist and developmental biologist. So this is one way. I am going to research specific topics and put up my research--hopefully briefly.

The first will be PTEN and its role in brain malformations.

No comments:

Post a Comment